Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Until I Went Into The Sanctuary

Psalms 73:12-13 (NKJV)
12 Behold, these are the ungodly, Who are always at ease; They increase in riches.
13 Surely I have cleansed my heart in vain, And washed my hands in innocence.

Psalms 73:16 (NKJV)
16 When I thought how to understand this, It was too painful for me--

Psalms 73:17-18 (NKJV)
17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God; Then I understood their end.
18 Surely You set them in slippery places; You cast them down to destruction.

Psalms 73:23-26 (NKJV)
23 Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand.
24 You will guide me with Your counsel, And afterward receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
26 My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Sometimes we might wonder and question the benefit of following God. How is it that those who do not profess God, or openly deride such belief, prosper? Why do we often struggle? This psalmist speaks to that question, of his own questioning. He says he struggled with that issue until he went into the sanctuary of God. Then he understood the bigger picture.

God is with us. Life is not about the glitter and trinkets of this world, but seeking after God and the glory that is to come. The sanctuary of God is His presence in our hearts, for we are living temples of the living God. His dwelling in us brings His strength and counsel in the midst of our weakness. His life brings life to us. That is our portion forever.

The more we enter that sanctuary in reverence and awe, the more we will feel His hand and hear His voice, and the more we will understand. He is near. Enter where He is.

No comments: