Monday, June 1, 2020

As Though Dead

Revelation 1:17-18 (ESV Strong's)

17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, 18 and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.


When John saw Jesus, he fell at His feet as though dead. When we come to Christ, we enter His death by dying to self and giving ourselves to Him, just as He gave Himself for us. He lays His hand on us and stands us up in His new life. The life of God is in the of fellowship of the Three-In-One Creator. If we have His Spirit within us and we are within the body of Christ, then we have entered into His eternal fellowship and become one with Him. 


He is the way and gate to eternal life. He alone can free us from the darkness of sin and bring us into the light of life, for He is that light. 


No comments: