Thursday, June 7, 2012

I Chose To Put My Name

1 Kings 11:34-36 NIV
“‘But I will not take the whole kingdom out of Solomon’s hand; I have made him ruler all the days of his life for the sake of David my servant, whom I chose and who obeyed my commands and decrees. 35 I will take the kingdom from his son’s hands and give you ten tribes. 36 I will give one tribe to his son so that David my servant may always have a lamp before me in Jerusalem, the city where I chose to put my Name.

Solomon, for all his wisdom, disobeyed God and did not repent. He loved foreign women and provided for their idols.

God repays Solomon for his unrighteousness, but ensures that His word and promise will endure. The light of Jerusalem remains, dimly now, but still the city of God. When the Jesus returns He will sit on David's throne and rule with justice,truth and all wisdom.

No comments: