Saturday, August 15, 2020

I Received Sight

John 9:8 (NASB Strong’s (Lockman))

Therefore the neighbors, and those who previously saw him as a beggar, were saying, “Is not this the one who used to sit and beg?”


John 9:11 (NASB Strong’s (Lockman))

He answered, “The man who is called Jesus made clay, and anointed my eyes, and said to me, ‘Go to Siloam and wash’; so I went away and washed, and I received sight.”


When Jesus spat on the clay and anointed the eyes of this blind beggar, it demonstrated the effect of the light of the world on mankind. From His mouth comes the living waters of His word that mixes with the clay of man to open our eyes to His light. Once we wash in the waters of repentance, we receive our sight in the land of the living. 


Even those who have not received the light can see the difference, which draws the curious learn what happened just as Moses was drawn by the light of the Lord burning in the wilderness. 


No comments: