Saturday, April 18, 2020

Not Everyone



Matthew 7:21-23 (ESV Strong's)

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’


Calling on the name of the Lord does not mean you are going to heaven. You could be taking the name of the Lord in vain. 


Just saying you trust in the name of Jesus does not mean you are going to heaven. Saying you have faith does not mean you have faith. 


Doing all the “right” things in the name of the Lord does not mean you know the Lord. 


Knowing Jesus includes obedience, the ever increasing of the fruit of the Spirit, and the desire and goal of being made in the image of God. Doing these things will ensure you enter the kingdom of heaven on the day of the Lord. 






No comments: