Wednesday, September 27, 2017

The City Of My God - Revelation 3:12-13

Revelation 3:12-13 ESV 


The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’


The promised land for Israel has Jerusalem as its center. They are re-gathered there today, though not in peace. That will not come until the King of Peace comes to claim the throne. 


The promised land for the Bride of Christ is the new Jerusalem which descends from heaven. She will come when Jesus returns. Then it will become the city of peace. 


The olive tree will then be made whole, with Israel as the trunk and the Church as the branches. The tree of life is fully realized and formed as God intended from the beginning, and will serve as healing for the nations. 


There is one God, one people of God, and one Jerusalem. All the people on earth will know that He is God.  

No comments: