Thursday, February 23, 2017

This Charge I Have Received - John 10:17-18

John 10:17-18 ESV 


For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.”


Jesus is saying that the Father loves Him because He is doing the will of the Father and He is doing it freely. 


We have received the same charge from the same Father. We can lay our own life down so that we might take it up again with the fullness of the life of Christ. He provides the authority for this redemption. 


The Father loves all who obey His commands and we love Him in return through our obedience. 


No comments: