Friday, May 15, 2015

Enlarge My Heart - Psalms 119:28-32

Psalms 119:28-32 ESV 
My soul melts away for sorrow;
strengthen me according to your word!
Put false ways far from me
and graciously teach me your law!
I have chosen the way of faithfulness;
I set your rules before me.
I cling to your testimonies, O Lord;
let me not be put to shame!
I will run in the way of your commandments
when you enlarge my heart!

Matthew 5:4
“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

His word gives the way to the Lord. When Paul speaks about running the race set before us, this is what he's speaking of: "I will run in the way of your commandments." This is the way of faithfulness and in that faithfulness we are to endure to the end. 

Our hearts are enlarged by the presence of the Holy Spirit, the Comforter and bearer of the truth. We make room for His dwelling and His word. 

No comments: