Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Then You Will Know - Ezekiel 20:36-38

Ezekiel 20:36-38 ESV 
As I entered into judgment with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will enter into judgment with you, declares the Lord God. I will make you pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant. I will purge out the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against me. I will bring them out of the land where they sojourn, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Lord.

Ezekiel speaks to Israel and tells them He will once again bring them out of Egypt, or the nations, to the promised land. Those that sin against The Lord will begin the journey, but will fall short of entering the land, just as they did in the wilderness journey. 

Israel models for us our reality. We likewise journey to the promised land and will reach it if we endure with faith and trust in The Lord.  His grace is given for the sake of His name. 

At the end we will know Him. 

No comments: