Thursday, September 27, 2012

Many Waters -Revelation 19:6-10

Revelation 19:6-10 ESV
6 Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, crying out,
“Hallelujah!
For the Lord our God
the Almighty reigns.
7 Let us rejoice and exult
and give him the glory,
for the marriage of the Lamb has come,
and his Bride has made herself ready;
8 it was granted her to clothe herself
with fine linen, bright and pure”—
for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.
9 And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.” 10 Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Now a great multitude is signified by attributes associated with the Lord. The roar of many waters and mighty peals of thunder let us know these are children of God. It is upon the waters, the nations, that the woman and the beast held sway and inflicted the touch of the deceiver. Out of these waters comes a multitude crying "Hallelujah!". John describes it as a voice of the multitude giving exuberant praise to God. The time of the marriage feast has arrived. They are eager and ready because of the gift of mercy granted without merit. They were able to clothe themselves with the righteousness of Christ.
Grace and truth come through Jesus. The true word of God is the one we know as the Word of God. We are blessed in receiving that word and will be joined with the Word. His word does not return void. The Spirit of prophecy is the Holy Spirit of God. His testimony is true for it is the Word of God. Grace and truth come through Jesus.

The Spirit prepared us for His first coming and does likewise for His second coming. Through His word and indwelling Spirit we don the garments of clean linen, the righteousness of the Son. We too become sons and daughters of the Most High.




Revelation 14:2-5
And I heard a voice from heaven like the roar of many waters and like the sound of loud thunder. The voice I heard was like the sound of harpists playing on their harps, 3 and they were singing a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and before the elders. No one could learn that song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 4 It is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins. It is these who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. These have been redeemed from mankind as firstfruits for God and the Lamb, 5 and in their mouth no lie was found, for they are blameless.

Psalms 98:1-3
Psalm 98
Make a Joyful Noise to the Lord
A Psalm.
1 Oh sing to the Lord a new song,
for he has done marvelous things!
His right hand and his holy arm
have worked salvation for him.
2 The Lord has made known his salvation;
he has revealed his righteousness in the sight of the nations.
3 He has remembered his steadfast love and faithfulness
to the house of Israel.
All the ends of the earth have seen
the salvation of our God.

Isaiah 62:5
For as a young man marries a young woman,
so shall your sons marry you,
and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride,
so shall your God rejoice over you.

Hosea 2:19-23
And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy. 20 I will betroth you to me in faithfulness. And you shall know the Lord.
21 “And in that day I will answer, declares the Lord,
I will answer the heavens,
and they shall answer the earth,
22 and the earth shall answer the grain, the wine, and the oil,
and they shall answer Jezreel,
23 and I will sow her for myself in the land.
And I will have mercy on No Mercy,
and I will say to Not My People, ‘You are my people’;
and he shall say, ‘You are my God. ’”

Matthew 22:11-14
“But when the king came in to look at the guests, he saw there a man who had no wedding garment. 12 And he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you get in here without a wedding garment? ’ And he was speechless. 13 Then the king said to the attendants, ‘Bind him hand and foot and cast him into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. ’ 14 For many are called, but few are chosen.”

No comments: