Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Key


Isaiah 22:22
And I will place on his shoulder the key of the house of David. He shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Matthew 16:19-20
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” 20 Then he strictly charged the disciples to tell no one that he was the Christ.

Revelation 3:7-8
To the Church in Philadelphia
7 “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: ‘The words of the holy one, the true one, who has the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, who shuts and no one opens.
8 “‘I know your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.

The key to life and death is Jesus Christ.  To Him is given all authority and power.  He shares the kingdom with us.  He has opened the door to heaven and no one can shut it.  We can decide on which side of the door we want to be when the door is finally closed.


No comments: