Thursday, May 3, 2012

Even In The Womb

Psalms 51:3-6
For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.
4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight;
so you are right in your verdict
and justified when you judge.
5 Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
6 Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb;
you taught me wisdom in that secret place.

God reveals to us that sin only apples to our disobedience to Him. We may wrong another, but it is against God that we sin. He gives us the measure and standard of right and wrong. He is the truth behind all truth. It is the light of that truth that will judge in the end.
The writer speaks of God's regard for a person at the time of conception, while in the mother's womb.
The world does not recognize life until a child enters the world and is visible. It is legal to kill a child before it leaves the mother's body. It is still illegal to kill a child after that.
What wisdom does God impart to us in that secret place?

No comments: