Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Harden

Exodus 7:3-4 (NIV)

3 But I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and though I multiply my miraculous signs and wonders in Egypt,4 he will not listen to you. Then I will lay my hand on Egypt and with mighty acts of judgment I will bring out my divisions, my people the Israelites.

Pharaoh serves as a “type” of Satan, and gives insight to New Testament teachings about the strongman who was tied up after refusing to set his captives free. Despite the miracles before him, Pharaoh chose not to believe. That choice was made long before this hardening of his heart. God did not change Pharaoh’s heart, but gave him over to what was already there.

This a historical event which provides Spiritual teaching. One day our Father will lay his hand on the world and bring out His children. The world has grown hard, but we await the day of a new earth. He has promised.

No comments: